Organizational Rebranding: MN ADOPT changes its name and rebrands itself as Foster Adopt Minnesota.
Organizational Rebranding: MN ADOPT changes its name and rebrands itself as Foster Adopt Minnesota. In recent years, MN ADOPT has continued to expand their work, with an increased focus on services designed to strengthen support for Minnesota’s foster and kinship communities. With this expansion, it became clear MN ADOPT needed a name that better reflects the scope of their work and that is more welcoming to all the communities we support.
This brand update process was a long and thoughtful one, with consultants, focus group surveys, and much internal discussion. While MN ADOPT considered many options, including inventive and more creative names, they decided to stay true to their history and the communities they support by having a name that descriptively reflects their work and speaks directly to the communities who are at the heart of their services.
Foster Adopt Minnesota also utilizes the acronym “FAM,” which is important because it represents the vision of Zero Kids Waiting for a permanent, loving family. Also, the information, education, and resources provided reflects their value of family-centered support for children and their families to thrive.
- Foster Adopt Minnesota supports Minnesota’s foster families, so that children and their caregivers receive the support needed as work is being done to reunite them with their kinship families.
- Foster Adopt Minnesota supports Minnesota’s kinship families, formal and informal, with the goal of keeping Minnesota children with kin or close connections whenever possible.
- Foster Adopt Minnesota supports Minnesota’s adoptive families, so that when remaining with kin is not an option, children and their new families have the support they need.
While their name has changed, their services remain the same, with programming designed to provide information, connection, and resources to the communities we support.
- The Zero Kids Waiting Program is the gateway to information about adoption, foster and kinship care in Minnesota.
- The Fostering Network Program provides awareness, information, support, and referral to improve the safety and well-being of Minnesota children in foster care.
- The HELP Program provides support, guidance, and resource connection for Minnesota’s adoption, foster and kinship communities.
- The Post-Adoption Navigator Program shares information, resources, and referrals for a full year after the finalization of an adoption from foster care in Minnesota.
- The Education Program provides workshops on topics relevant to foster, adoptive, and kinship families.
- The Post Search Program provides information and referral to adopted persons, birth families and adoptive families who need records or have questions about the search process.