HELP Program services are free and available to any Minnesota adoptive, kinship, or foster family; adopted persons; birth/first family members and community professionals.
- Phone and email-based support from a team of HELP Specialists with advanced training in supporting adoptive, foster and kinship families;
- Connecting families with adoption/trauma/attachment-competent therapists, appropriate community resources, as well as educational offerings;
- Assisting eligible families with funding to help with the cost of therapy with HELP Program vetted therapists, Foster Adopt Minnesota educational offerings and eligible supports.
The HELP Program can be reached at 612-746-5137 or HELP@fosteradoptmn.org. In any message, please leave your phone number and your email address as this will help us connect to you more efficiently. We will be back in touch as soon as possible within 24-48 hours Monday – Friday.
For 24-hour mental health crisis support
- Call 988 and they will connect you to your county’s Crisis Response team.
For immediate danger/safety needs
- Call 911 and ask for a Crisis Intervention Officer or go to your local emergency room.
“It’s a very good resource for adoptive parents who don’t know where to turn. I had no idea what to do with my kids – it was a very bad time. I needed direction. The HELP Program helped me find a therapist and they helped talk me through what was going on. Any parent who might be in the same spot would appreciate their help.”
– HELP Program Assisted Adoptive Family