The Post-Adoption Navigator (PAN) Program is now the Post-Permanency Navigator (PPN) Program!
On July 1, 2023, the Post-Adoption Navigator (PAN) Program officially became the Post-Permanency Navigator (PPN) Program—an expansion of our services that has been made possible through the support and funding from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
In addition to providing outreach, resources, and supportive connections to families who have finalized adoptions of children from Minnesota foster care, the PPN program now also provides support to kinship families who have finalized Transfers of Permanent Legal and Physical Custody (TPLPC).
We believe that the word “permanency” speaks to the many ways in which children and teens who have experienced familial separation and loss are able to achieve stability through connections with adults in their lives who are committed to providing them with the love, care, and support they need to navigate life, work through the process of healing, and thrive.
The name of the program was changed to Post-Permanency Navigator Program to be more inclusive and better reflect the families we serve.
The primary goal of the Post-Permanency Navigator Program is to increase awareness of the network of post-adoption and post guardianship resources and support available to help your family thrive after finalization and into the future. As a participant of this program, we will proactively reach out to your family after finalization and throughout the first year to help address questions you may have and share information on post-permanency resources available in Minnesota.
The Post-Permanency Navigator program is FREE and available to any family who finalized the adoption or Transfer of Permanent Legal and Physical Custody of a child from Minnesota foster care within the past 12 months. If your family does not meet this description and you are searching for information on post-permanency resources, we are here for you too! Contact us and we will do our best to assist you or connect you to another appropriate resource.
What services will my family receive?
- Phone and email-based support provided by an adoption or guardian-focused professional who will share information on post-permanency resources such as parent groups, child/teen support groups, training opportunities, permanency-focused camps and family activities, and more.
- We will provide you with a personalized resource guide highlighting an array of post-permanency resources and support available to you.
- We will follow-up with your family for up to 12 months from the referral date to help address questions that may come up and assist in identifying appropriate post-permanency resources and services as needed.
How do I get connected to a Post-Permanency Navigator?
- Online: Complete the online contact form located on the Foster Adopt Minnesota website under the HELP Program tab. You may also ask your adoption or guardianship worker to complete the referral form for you.
- Phone or Email: Contact the Post-Permanency Navigator at (612) 746-5139 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like a Post-Adoption Navigator to follow up with you.
*If you are searching for appropriate therapeutic options for you and your family and want to learn more about Foster Adopt Minnesota’s network of vetted therapists, we encourage you to reach out to us for a FREE, phone-based intake with a HELP Program Specialist. You can learn more about HELP Program Specialist services by calling the HELP Intake Line at 612-746-5137 or visiting the HELP Specialist Overview page.